Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions about our office, services, and more. Your family’s wellness journey matters to us. If you have a question that is not answered in our FAQs below, feel free to reach out to us!
Yes! We test patients for COVID-19 for any reason, including release back to school/sports/known or unknown exposure. We will run the test through a patient’s insurance, otherwise it’s $75/test out-of-pocket. We also offer COVID-19 PCR testing for pre-travel requirements and COVID antibodies for those interested.
You can schedule an appointment by calling our office during working hours or click on make an appt.
3-5 days after birth
And once every year after thereafter
For any life-threatening emergency call 911. For all other nonlife-threatening problems which can not wait for regular office hours, please call the office and it will direct you to our on-call provider.
You can request medication refills from the patient portal. Please allow 5 business days for refills.
At Thrive Pediatrics we value your time and want to maximize your experience with our providers and reduce your in-office waiting time. If you have been here before, please log in to the Patient Portal prior to your visit to fill out your child’s developmental questionnaire and update any medical history. The Healow app allows contactless check-in from your car. Your child’s health is our number one priority, that’s why we designed our office to have separate well and sick areas, including waiting rooms, exam rooms, and restrooms to ensure your health and safety at all times. We follow the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations for Preventative Pediatric Healthcare.
- Your child has a fever
- 100.4 for a baby under 2 months old
- A fever over 101 in an older child who is irritable
- A fever that lasts more than three days
- Vomiting or Diarrhea if the child seems dehydrated
- Less pee than usual
- Dark urine
- Sunken eyes
- Dry cracked lips or mouth
- Sunken soft spot on the head
- If child is having trouble breathing
- If the child has a bluish color on nails or lips contact 911
- Blistery or bubbly
- That looks like a bullseye
- That looks swollen or is accompanied by breathing problems
- Sharp or Constant Belly Pain
- Constant Urge to Pee or Burning During Urination
- Trouble Waking Your Child
Our Pediatrics Office
We are a holistic pediatric medical practice based on the core values of health and wellness, along with kindness, compassion, integrity, and unity for all children and their families.